Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Featured
2.2

I bought a 16kw Generac Guardian in 2006 from an authorized installer.Within three years, the amount of rust on the steel base and inner steel panels was tremendous.

No help from the company. To make it worse, the authorized installer mounted the transfer switch on the OUTSIDE of the house. He went out of business in the 2008 housing bust so I am up the creek. And guess what?

The transfer switch became such a pile of rust that I encased it in cedar shakes to protect it from the weather.

Out of code--yes I know.I only wish I had spent the extra $1,500 for a Kohler unit.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Had an Experience with Generac Power Systems?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion

Oklahoma Natural Gas made a mess ... Oklahoma Natural Gas "A guy whos truck # is 66730 came out to shut off the gas to the house next to me and made a mess of my plants ''my cactus'' and..." Read more Waste Management - Video of driver angrily tossing garbage cans across street Waste Management "...I still have NO BINS - they delivered them to WRONG ADDRESS [...] I called at 8 am today. Driver did come an hour later - but angrily threw my..." Read more Missouri Wind And Solar - Bad review's done buy people paid by Thermodyne systems Missouri Wind And Solar "We purchased a Missouri Freedom General 2- 48/96V 2000W turbine,Coleman 440 HVA charge controller,10,000W Aims inverter/charger,48V Diversion dump load resistor(4resistor dump),3phase break switch,100A fuse and holder and all the goodies..." Read more Generac Power Systems - Generac 8KV Guardian Series Generac Power Systems "Bought this unit 5 years ago and had it installed by a authorized installer. Paid out close to $4500.00. Unit has almost literally not worked since. I've had service guys..." Read more Pepperfry  received wrong product and pepperfry is not ready to accept it back Pepperfry "Hi have order a clock "Black Iron 8 Inch Vintage Double Sided Station Wall Clock by Anantaran" (Sku: DE1370875-S-PM6126) (Order No is 303227277) which has WHITE inner background being displayed..." Read more Blue Bell Creameries - Mold in natural vanilla 1/2 gallon Blue Bell Creameries "we purchased two half gallon natural vanilla ice creams from Walmart on 7/21/17 and upon opening the one container we discovered there was mold on the container lid and in..." Read more American Airlines - Left stranded with nothing but promises American Airlines "Frontier, Delta and American Airlines were all fined for under reporting complaints and baggage issues. AA promised me a hotel room for leaving me stranded half way to my destination...." Read more Mary Kay - Ripoff Mary Kay " I recently purchased the attached product (crme to powder foundation) from a Mary Kay representative that I work with. I was very surprised when I saw the miniscule amount..." Read more