Bought a Generac 5383 generator in late 2008 for $7,300. It has shot sparks out of my bedroom wall, made my lights burn 2-3 times brighter than normal when turned on, buzzed and scared the *** out of me.
I have a lot of electronic and need a functional backup. The company that installed and serviced it didn't respond when I told them I was scared of it and was turning it off. I asked if that would cause problems and damage the system. NO REPLY.
Now in 2013 the thing is dead as a doornail and I'm informed that it needs a new battery charging circuit board to the cost of about $500. WHAT? This generator has only run a total of about 4-5 hours.
I feel I was sold a lemon. I can't trust it and don't want to sink more $$$ into it.
Monetary Loss: $7300.