I purchased a Generac 20KW unit in 10/2011. The unit was installed by an authorized Generac installer. This generator has failed three times as of this date (7/25/13)

The first failure self corrected and the installer could not find the problem.(code: under voltage )

Second failure was during the height of Hurricane Sandy (under voltage) It took the Generac repair agency 2 months to fix the problem. Essentially, a trial and error situation.

The third failure occurred two weeks ago, again "under voltage"

Calls to Generac have gone unanswered or taken by receptionist who will send my complaint to an agent. Still waiting.

This is the worst company I have ever had to deal with. I'm 70 years old so I have been around a while.

Do not buy one of these generator. Be careful, Generac also manufactures generators under different names.

Generac 20kw issue "under voltage " issue requires changes to the motherboard.I have had to change it out twice by the Generac authorized dealer at my cost.

The card was under warranty but the steps to verify it is a Board problem took forever. Now I am stuck again for the cost of a the electricians time because of a clear Generac design problem. Plus the electrician/representative is not comfortable that the problem is completely resolved. Never again with a Generac product!!!!!!!!

Model #5875 20kw not worth it.Ask Generac why they stopped production in less then a year.

to Vaccer #1400611

They still make the 20KW

You may be drawing too much on your generator, i am a service tech, and 9 times out of ten the issue with "under-voltage" how much power is being drawn.if you have an electric range electric hot water heater heat pump well pump hot tub ext it may be too much for a 20kw generator.

to keep the cost down on the customer Generac sells Power Management Mods (PMM) to drop heavy loads if the generator can not handle that load at that time with other heavy loads.

If they were to sell you a generator that could truly do your whole house the price would be outrageous.I hope this information helps you.