Albrightsville, Pennsylvania
100% full Not resolved

Bought this unit 5 years ago and had it installed by a authorized installer.Paid out close to $4500.00.

Unit has almost literally not worked since. I've had service guys out here almost once a month for various things, but about a month before Hurricane Sandy hit in 2013, it died. I had service up here every other day (I have all of the records, so no exaggeration!) for near a month before the storm to replace parts even though the tech said the engine was shot. Generac refused to replace the engine until all parts were replaced.

Finally, the day Sandy hit (Monday) They said they'd replace the engine but a load of good it did because we were without power for 6 days and all I had was a boat anchor out back. A month later the engine was replaced. Twice more we had storms that needed the generator and both times it was off line and out of order for some damned reason or another. Now, the unit is out of warranty and it's still needing parts.

I just paid out for a maintenance contract but it doesn't cover parts and now it needs another $500.00 in parts. This is ridiculous!! Calls to Generac are like "well, stiff sh*t..." I've had less problems and paid out less money for a old "beater" car. And at least IT ran for a few months.

I am told by the servicing company that this is common with this unit and that I'm not the only one who has had these problems.

COMMON???Why won't Generac fix it?

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Never had a fully operating unit always problems.

Had an Experience with Generac Power Systems?

Comments

Working for this company I can understand your frustration.Most parts come from China.

The parts that are made in house such as transfer switches and wiring harnesses are all assembled using Chinese made parts. Most parts and sub-assemblies are just thrown about or stored in dirty, smashed and oily bins, crates or busted up pallets. If you saw where the stators, rotors, switches and wiring were made you would throw up. The engines are sourced from various companies such as Ford, FIAT and some Chinese company.

Everything is disgustingly filthy and employee morale is very low save for the few brain dead people who would give their life to Generac. Some of us take pride in what we do and it's an embarrassment to read such sad stories such as yours.

I was a lowly production person but I am truly sorry for your bad experience with this Generator.Hope it works out for you.

Flucking pieces of shitto sorry you have these problems, where was it made China?These greedy corporations have sold the American people out and have ruined this country along with our own politicians ruined the American dream for most all, this country is well done and only getting worse by the day now, people are worse than ever share holders wanting more killing the American Society living off the backs of every worker all the while the American is living 3rd world, will have no retirement and 99% will all die opoor it allgets worse and worse , the lsyer generations will have soup line in the end days, people don't get paid enough to save and pensioners are all drying up, it's not going to end well.

Share holders will be *** out of luck as well because 99ers will have no economy so therefore there will be no money for these leaches to suck off of...Aq