Bought [2] 27KW Generators in the past year.One the fan belt came off after the 3rd hour of running and the second unit was delivered damaged and Generac told me to contact the shipping company for the labor to repair.

Generac did supply the parts which was engine mounts but they said the labor is not covered. After spending $20,000.00 in a six month period to have a brand new generator delivered with broken engine mounts and Generac doesn't take any responsibility for the shipping damages even though they hire the shipping company is completely beyond my comprehension. I would never recommend buying a generator from Generac. If your unit shows up damaged it is your responsibility and the shipping company was some fly by night outfit who basically told me to go scratch.

Terrible customer support.Even if you have to spend more on another manufacturer do it.

Comments

What Generac tells me, One of their Home standby dealers is, To inspect the generator for damage before signing the delivery papers.If it is damaged we are supposed to refuse delivery and the trucking company takes it back.

I once made the mistake of signing for one with a dented side from a fork lift. The trucking company wouldn't pay me because I didn't hire them and Generac wouldn't fix it because I signed for it.

No I don't listen to the truck driver telling me sign and they'll pay.I make them take it back.