241 views
Verified Reviewer

1.4

I ordered a 22Kw standby generator from Lowes back in August for my parents home. My dad has COPD and has to use a machine.

When the power goes out he has to go sit in his vehicle to plug in his machine, so I figured I would purchase this for them. The Genie was supposed to originally be delivered 2 weeks after I ordered it which would have been the second week in September. Got a call the day before delivery saying the date had to be changed to October first. I received a call from Lowes on the 30th of September saying the Genie will be here tomorrow at 830 AM, well here it is the 1st and I never received a call, the generator never arrived.

After calling Lowes back, I was told they do not know where it is, but they will call General to locate it.

So not only did I have to reschedule the electrician to come back, it also cost me money to have them come out. For this to be a top rate company their communication skills are below par and very disappointing.

User's recommendation: There are other generator companies. Don’t believe the 5 star reviews for Generac.

Product or Service Mentioned: Generac Power Systems Generator.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Generac Power Systems Pros: Will run whole house.

Generac Power Systems Cons: Poor customer support.

Location: Newport News, Virginia

Comments

#1948451

Sounds very similar to the experience we had and continue to have. My husband needs to have oxygen a CPAP and for a year now the system was needed twice but was not available to us. I live with the anger and the fear putting this grossly overrated and expensive system has cost us!

Generac Power Systems Reviews