557 views
2.3

We had Norton Mecanical install and service our 17 kw Generac Generator for a few years. The last time our Generaor was serviced the oil was not replaced after it was drained.

We were on a five day trip so after a few hours our motor burned up. This caused us to lose over $1,100 in foods in our Fridges and Freezer. I called McNorton to come out as I was mad over our food loss. Chris came out and put about 1 and 1/2 quarts of oil into the engine.

He then told me that he had to get help to remove the motor.

I never heard from them for over a month and called, i was told they would come out and troubleshoot the problem. No one ever returned. I feel since McNorton is Generac’s dealer they are just as to blame as McNorton electric. I have to have my Generator so I have contracted with White Sands Electric to replace my entire unit with a 22kw at a cost of $9,000.

This problem should have been satisfied after my first few letters to Generac, now I feel the only relief I will receive is in going to Court. Things should never had to get this bad and we should NEVER have had to wait fo 2 years.

Product or Service Mentioned: Generac Power Systems Generator.

Generac Power Systems Cons: Not standing behind their failed product, Poor customer support, Company does not care about customers.

Location: 3875 Bay Wind Dr, Gulf Breeze, FL 32563